It’s no secret that I have a soft spot for the Bulldog breed – English, British, French, American, you name it…If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that both my feed and daily stories are often flooded by the Bulldog cuteness that is Bentley and – in fact – that little man most certainly takes over my daily routines with his need for walks, food, cuddles and, most recently, obsession with soccer balls…he’s English, after all!
So when Bulldog Gin reached out to me with news of their most recent campaign, which contributes to the Ontario SPCA, it was my duty as a Bully Mama to jump in on the opportunity and help them reach a wider audience. Earlier this year, Bulldog Gin started an initiative, which aimed to donate $5 of each bottle sold to the OSPCA and on October 20th they’ll be celebrating a successful campaign with an event, hosted by 102.1 The Edge. The event will include a cheque ceremony and a Bulldog Race. Talk about cuteness overload!!
In honour of their efforts, I’ve put together a recipe for the Classic Gin Tonic with a little Fall twist below.
CHARRED LEMON & THYME GIN TONIC
- Heat up a cast iron pan over high heat
- Cut the lemon into quarters and place them cut side down until they’re charred nicely. Flip over and do the same on the other side. Remove from the pan and let it cool down. This technique gives the cocktail a nice smokey flavour.
- Put the thyme, a few drops of lemon and ice into a cocktail shaker (or measuring mug) and stir well to blend in the aromas of the ingredients.
- Add ice to the glass you’ll be using to serve the cocktail in.
- Strain gin into the glass, top up with tonic and stir lightly.
- Add your charred lemon in and a string of thyme.
- Serve immediately.
The charred lemon and thyme give this cocktail a nice fall twist, allowing for a summer classic to be enjoyed in the colder months, while snuggled by the fire, next to your furry friend.
Want to sign up your bully for the upcoming race? Follow this link to sign up your baby by uploading a picture and telling The Edge a bit about them. Help support Bulldog Gin and the OSPCA in this amazing initiative this upcoming Friday, October 20th.
If you make it, make sure to find me and say HI!! And if you don’t, be sure to check me out on
Instagram and follow along on my Insta Stories on the day of the event!
Let’s do it up for the Bullies and all of our cuddly friends out there!