Looking for a quick, healthy recipe for tonight’s dinner?! Here’s your winner: oven roasted salmon with a quick cilantro & toasted almond relish. I came across a version of this a few years back and I’ve – since – made a few changes to it. Here’s my go-to version.
- Salmon (four single portions)
- 1 cup of cilantro
- 1-2 shallots
- 1 cup raw, slivered almonds
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp capers
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place salmon portions in. Sprinkle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fold edges all around and wrap salmon in the foil. Place in over and bake for 15 minutes.
- While salmon is baking prepare the relish.
- Chop shallots and place in a dish. Add vinegar of your choice and let sit for at least 10-15 minutes (Ideally, do this step 15-30 min prior to baking the fish, so that the shallots can really absorb the vinegar).
- Quickly toast the almonds in a pan.
- Chop cilantro, toasted almonds and capers and mix together. Add the soaked shallots and vinegar and stir.
- Gradually add olive oil, while continuously stirring. You want to end up with a somewhat wet mixture but not overly greasy, so ease up on the oil.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Serve salmon, topped up with a generous amount of the relish.